We know that unplanned pregnancies greatly impact the men involved, too. Your thoughts matter, and we offer support that is specifically tailored to men. Call us today for a confidential appointment. In the meantime, here are a few dos and don'ts that may help...
1) Listen. The situation involves more than just you.
2) Stay Calm. She needs your support now more than ever. She may be carrying the baby, but you are BOTH parents, and regardless of your relationship in the future, you are needed, too.
3) Talk about it. Not only with each other, but prepare to talk with parents and others close to the situation. Hiding the news from people who can genuinely help you only increases the stress.
4) Gather all the facts. Get all the information and seek wise counsel so you can make the best decision for both of you.
5) Express yourself honestly. It's normal to have feelings of anger, frustration and fear. But, make sure she knows she is not alone.
1) Don't bail. The more you run from this, the harder it becomes to think and act clearly.
2) Don't pressure her. Applying pressure will only push her away, possibly into a regretful situation.
3) Don't forget. You have a very active role in this situation. Get the facts and listen to input as well as give your thoughts.
Call 517.278.3355 for a free, confidential appointment with a Male Mentor.